S3C2440 : DM9000 link down when writing on NAND flash

Julien Vermillard jvermillard at archean.fr
Fri Jan 8 04:08:05 EST 2010

Hi,
I'm using a DM9000E with a S3C2440 CPU running 2.6.30.1. The DM9K is
connected on the CS4 (like the mini2440). I already had troubles with
the ethernet, and we applied (as suggested here) the DM900 errata
consisting in gating IOR & CS. The DM9000 is working better now, but
when I write some file on the NAND Flash, the DM900 is reseting (link
down, link up). Reading from NAND flash is fine.

If I put the whole rootfs in the SD card, I have no problems.

Here the schematics of the DM9000 and how it's plugged on the CPU :
http://people.apache.org/~jvermillard/atsarm9/

Any suggestion ?

Julien