atmel-mci / at91_mci

Manuel Stahl manuel.stahl at iis.fraunhofer.de
Tue Feb 9 10:49:50 EST 2010

Am 08.02.2010 14:13, schrieb Fabian Godehardt:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag 04 Februar 2010 09:57:51 schrieb Manuel Stahl:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a question regarding the atmel-mci/at91_mci driver merge.
>> Actually I have an at91rm9200 device which get's an CRC error while
>> inializing an SD-card. I guess it's because of an at91rm9200 errata:
>>
>> - Data Endianess inversion from the MCI to MMC or SD Card
>>
>> The at91_mci driver did some byte swapping in 'at91_mci_sg_to_dma'
>>   function. Where would I implement this in the atmel-mci driver?
>>
>> Attached is the kernel log when I insert a card.
>
> Some time ago i had a 9200 with 2.6.20 where i had similar problems (AFAIR).
>
> My workaround was to reduce the frequency on card initialization (somewhere on
> probe() ):
>
> 	mmc->f_min = 325000;
>
> and deactivating 4WIRE mode.
>
> Maybe this also helps in your case.

Unfortunately this is not the problem. The SD-card works fine with the
old at91_mci driver, but not with the newer atmel-mci. The problem is
that I need both slots at the same time, so at91_mci is no option for me.

In the second slot there is a WLAN card which gets timeouts after
successful firmware load with at91_mci but does not work with atmel-mci.

I have exactly the same setup with an AVR32 processor, there both
devices work. With the atmel-mci driver obiously.

Regards,
--
Dipl.-Inf. Manuel Stahl
Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de  manuel.stahl at iis.fraunhofer.de