atmel-mci / at91_mci

Fabian Godehardt fg at emlix.com
Mon Feb 8 08:13:19 EST 2010

Hi,

Am Donnerstag 04 Februar 2010 09:57:51 schrieb Manuel Stahl:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question regarding the atmel-mci/at91_mci driver merge.
> Actually I have an at91rm9200 device which get's an CRC error while
> inializing an SD-card. I guess it's because of an at91rm9200 errata:
>
> - Data Endianess inversion from the MCI to MMC or SD Card
>
> The at91_mci driver did some byte swapping in 'at91_mci_sg_to_dma'
>  function. Where would I implement this in the atmel-mci driver?
>
> Attached is the kernel log when I insert a card.

Some time ago i had a 9200 with 2.6.20 where i had similar problems (AFAIR).

My workaround was to reduce the frequency on card initialization (somewhere on
probe() ):

	mmc->f_min = 325000;

and deactivating 4WIRE mode.

Maybe this also helps in your case.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/With kind regards

Fabian Godehardt

--
Besuchen Sie uns auf der Embedded World 2010 in Nürnberg!
-> Halle 11, Stand 222

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Fabian Godehardt, emlix GmbH, http://www.emlix.com
Fon +49 551 30664-0, Fax -11, Bahnhofsallee 1b, 37081 Göttingen, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Göttingen, Amtsgericht Göttingen HR B 3160
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Uwe Kracke, Ust-IdNr.: DE 205 198 055

emlix - your embedded linux partner