Python binding to libnl3

Thomas Graf tgraf at infradead.org
Sun Jun 3 07:25:32 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 12:34:27AM +0600, Марк Коренберг wrote:
> 1. To fix indentation. I mean replace tabs with 4 spaces. I see mix of
> tabs/spaces in code, and it is VERY bad pratice in python
> 2. Next, I want to eliminate pylint warnings and errors
> 3. Next, I want to introduce unicode_literals, and also prepare library for
> correct usage of str/unicode (this is needed for correct migration to
> python3)
> 4. Make some fixes in bad old-school code, like string concatenation
> instead of .format()

This sounds great. Please note that I am not an expert in python
programming and don't have that much practice. Feel free to make
radical changes as you see fit.

> How to make that work with less pain? What I mean? Should I send you
> patches or I should publish git repository? Maybe you may grant access to
> my banch in your git? something else?

It sounds like you know what you are doing, I will be happy to hand over
maintainership of the python bindings to you. I suggest that you maintain
your own git tree and I will be happy to directly pull from your tree.

I also suggest that you take care of reviewing and applying all python
related patches that are submitted to the list. Changes outside of python/
should be submitted to the list individually for review and integration into
the main tree.

How does that sound to you?

~Thomas