Python binding to libnl3

Марк Коренберг socketpair at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 13:46:08 EDT 2012

2012/6/3 Thomas Graf <tgraf at infradead.org>

> On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 12:34:27AM +0600, Марк Коренберг wrote:
> > 1. To fix indentation. I mean replace tabs with 4 spaces. I see mix of
> > tabs/spaces in code, and it is VERY bad pratice in python
> > 2. Next, I want to eliminate pylint warnings and errors
> > 3. Next, I want to introduce unicode_literals, and also prepare library
> for
> > correct usage of str/unicode (this is needed for correct migration to
> > python3)
> > 4. Make some fixes in bad old-school code, like string concatenation
> > instead of .format()
>
> Also, I forgot about auto-testing. I want to add it before massive
refactoring.

> This sounds great. Please note that I am not an expert in python
> programming and don't have that much practice. Feel free to make
> radical changes as you see fit.

I have experience in writing in python and in writing bindings for the
python.

> > How to make that work with less pain? What I mean? Should I send you
> > patches or I should publish git repository? Maybe you may grant access to
> > my banch in your git? something else?
>
> It sounds like you know what you are doing, I will be happy to hand over
> maintainership of the python bindings to you. I suggest that you maintain
> your own git tree and I will be happy to directly pull from your tree.

Okay, I can make project on, say, github.

> I also suggest that you take care of reviewing and applying all python
> related patches that are submitted to the list. Changes outside of python/
> should be submitted to the list individually for review and integration
> into
> the main tree.

Yes, I can review python-related patches, bug, questions and suggestions.

> How does that sound to you?

This sounds great! I have re-invented wheel twice, when decide to write
libnl binding by hand, and then rewrite it. Now I want to improve your one
and use it in my project

--
Segmentation fault