[libical] Adding support for VALARM extensions

Robert Norris robn at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 27 19:19:09 PDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014, at 01:04 PM, Ken Murchison wrote:
> I looks like design-data/parameters.csv contains the integer value to be
> used for the enumerated type when generated, which I believe preserves
> the ABI for parameters.  Perhaps the same can be done for component
> types, methods, properties, value types, and any other enums.
> Obviously, the scripts used to generate the resulting *.[ch] files would
> need to be changed too.

This is the approach I considered too. I think it would work ok arrange
it so that non-sequential values get added to enums as necessary, but my
concern then is that any programs iterating over all values in an enum
by using the range ICAL_FOO_X to ICAL_FOO_NONE is going to miss the new
values. I don't know if that's a legitimate concern, but I don't see a
way around it.