[libical] Adding support for VALARM extensions

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 27 19:04:10 PDT 2014

I have patches to add both VAVAILABILITY AND VPOLL, and I plan to work
out a way to make these NOT break the ABI.  I don't know how I will do
this yet, but its on my VTODO list (literally).

I looks like design-data/parameters.csv contains the integer value to be
used for the enumerated type when generated, which I believe preserves
the ABI for parameters.  Perhaps the same can be done for component
types, methods, properties, value types, and any other enums.
Obviously, the scripts used to generate the resulting *.[ch] files would
need to be changed too.

If any of the early maintainers have any thoughts on this, I'd
appreciate them.