Use GitHub Issues Please

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Feb 19 14:46:07 PST 2016

On Friday, February 19, 2016 09:03:23 AM Milan Crha wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-02-18 at 15:58 -0500, Allen Winter wrote:
> > if you have an issue with the code itself I'd like people to use
> > the github issues tracker rather than emailing to this list.
>
> 	Hi,
> I know (and hope) you are not talking only to me. I agree with you that
> tracking any issues/patches on a mailing list is not ideal, especially
> when there are better tools for that purpose (like bugzillas and so
> on).
>
> The problem with me is that I do not have an account on github and I'm
> not a fan of it too. The previous SourceForge location wasn't a problem
> for me, but since you moved to github (which is awfully confusing for
> me, as, for example, I cannot find a direct link to the Releases page
> from the libical page, plus some other issues with downloads from that
> site), it's sort of obstacle here.
>
> I do not know how to deal with it, because I'd like to help to make
> libical better, either by providing patches, or concerns, or ideas,
> or ...
>
> I'm sorry.

Please don't apologize.  I very much value your feedback and patches.
I wasn't aware some people had issues with github.

Use whichever communication works best for you and we'll manage.
I might copy your issues onto github so I can track them better.

Please continue your help and contributions and don't take my email
in a negative way -- I did not intend to make anyone feel bad or unappreciated.

Regards,
Allen