[Freeassociation-devel] libical: TZID prefix

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Aug 12 17:23:48 PDT 2011

On Friday 12 August 2011 2:49:42 AM Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Do, 2011-08-11 at 19:21 -0400, Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Thursday 11 August 2011 5:52:27 AM Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > > Hello Allen!
> > >
> > > I'm having some issue with the libical compiled from source which might
> > > be related to your following commit:
> > >
> > Ok, reverted in SVN commit r1083
> >
> > Please try now and let me know if things work better.
>
> I can't test that particular commit because the nightly test machine
> went down and I cannot reset it remotely myself. But I had already
> tested with a version where I reverted the commit myself. I can confirm
> that this fixes the problem for me.
>
> > regression test fails now btw.  I'll try to fix that once Patrick reports back.
>
> Please continue.

I think I fixed the regression test.
There was a bug in icaltimezone_get_builtin_timezone_from_tzid()
that didn't skip past the "/Tzfile" when extracting the location from the TZID.

> I'll keep testing the latest libical in combination with libecal, EDS
> and SyncEvolution more regularly now.

Yes please.  I encourage everyone to test on as many different platforms as they have access to.

> What's the plan for the next release?

I don't know. Maybe Art does.
But I really would like to hold off until I hear something ANYTHING from the Windows and Mac testers.

Also a couple of new bug reports and patches have come in over the past few weeks that should be looked at.

--
Allen Winter | allen at kdab.net | Software Engineer
KDAB (USA), LLC, a KDAB Group company