[Freeassociation-devel] Default value for ical_errors_are_fatal

Chenthill pchenthill at novell.com
Fri Jan 2 00:58:53 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 14:16 +0530, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> > Ping.. do we have a conclusion yet?
> >
> > To summarise the discussion so far:
> > + KDE code works well anyway, the patch does not change anything
> > + Evolution code (and e-d-s, evolution-exchange, evolution-mapi) have
> > problems with the current code - and we __will__ make changes to our
> > code at runtime to keep it from crashing.
>
> Not only Evolution, but Sunbird is also affected. Bongo seems to have
> made the decision to change the defaults in their forked code some
> time ago. Here is the bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/478331
>
> As far as Fedora's KDE team is concerned, Rex Dieter agreed to our
> proposal to change the default values in the configure script.
Cool, I thought evolution was only a single module which required this
change and so did not want to make the change in libical just for us.
With other projects also wanting the change, its better to be in
libical.

Can this change be committed in libical immediately  and then suman can
commit the changes made in evolution with upstream libical..

BTW, wish you all a very happy and a prosperous new year.

thanks, Chenthill.