[Freeassociation-devel] libical fix recurrence not excluded when it should be

dothebart room_freeassociation-devel at uncensored.citadel.org
Fri Aug 7 08:29:20 PDT 2009

having a look at the code you remove (since its just used in that place)

this function:

struct icaltimetype icalproperty_get_exdate(const icalproperty* prop){
 icalerror_check_arg( (prop!=0),"prop");
#ifndef _MSC_VER
 /*
 * Code by dirk   objectpark.net:
 * Set the time zone manually. I am really puzzled that
 * it doesnot work automatically like in the other functions
 * like icalproperty_get_dtstart().
 */
 struct icaltimetype itt =
 icalvalue_get_datetime(icalproperty_get_value(prop));
 icalparameter* param = icalproperty_get_first_parameter(prop,
 ICAL_TZID_PARAMETER);
 if (param) {
 const icaltimezone *zone =
 icaltimezone_get_builtin_timezone(icalparameter_get_tzid(param));
 icaltime_set_timezone(&itt, zone);
 }
 return itt;
#else
 return icalvalue_get_datetime(icalproperty_get_value(prop));
#endif
}

seems to live in an autogenerated file; its not in SVN? I also wasn't able to
find that comment or the functionname anywhere else...

If that code causes the bug (since Gren basicaly did the fallback to the no
more used #else case..) was that code a workaround for that big timezone bug?

If yes, should we remove the function and call it directly like Grens Patch
suggests? or should we call this function and remove the #if?

Allen, Patrick, Art, some comment on this?