[Freeassociation-devel] libical fix recurrence not excluded when it should be

Gren Elliot gren.elliot at scalix.com
Thu Aug 6 07:15:46 PDT 2009

Hi dothebart,

Here is the second promised patch, plus an example program demonstrating
the issue.
The issue is that "icalproperty_recurrence_is_excluded" does not take
into account any timezone associated with EXDATEs being tested.

I compiled the example program on Fedora 10 (with libical-0.43-4.fc10
installed) using :
gcc -g -o recurrenceNotExcluded -Wstrict-prototypes
-I/usr/include/libical -lical recurrenceNotExcluded.c

Running the binary :
./recurrenceNotExcluded
FAIL!!! 20080818T180000Z NOT excluded even though it matches
      EXDATE;TZID=/mozilla.org/20071231_1/Europe/London:20080818T190000

Thanks and regards,
Gren.