libertas private ioctl handlers

Michail Bletsas mbletsas at laptop.org
Thu Jul 6 21:46:14 EDT 2006

> > Second, we'll need to check with
> > Michail to see what stuff the mesh mode would need.  It's quite
possible
> > that wlanconfig hasn't been updated for a lot of the mesh
functionality
> > that's in the OLPC firmware.
>
> Yes, that makes sense. We definitely need all the code that is required
> to make mesh networking work. Having the code in wlanconfig would be
> good in order to understand if there are problems with the
implementation
> though.

The 802.11s mesh network code is going to be running completely on the
firmware so the only pieces exposed to the host CPU are going to be the
various controls and diagnostic APIs.
For the moment mesh network specific controls are implemented via iwpriv
commands.
In general what should be going to wlanconfig and what to iwpriv?

M.