libertas private ioctl handlers

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Jul 6 14:49:27 EDT 2006

On Thursday 06 July 2006 15:48, Dan Williams wrote:
> I guess I'd say leave them for the moment, for two reasons.  First,
> we'll need some of that code to fold into WEXT routines (some of the WPA
> stuff, beacon timing, scan mode, etc).

Removing the code now wouldn't mean that it's gone forever, you can
always look back in the git history to find those parts. It does
however bitrot when there are no users and we try to clean up those
handlers anyway, as it's impossible to tell why some parts of it
need to be implemented in the way they are.

In particular, some calls need to be changed before upstream
integration because the interface is not 64 bit safe.

> Second, we'll need to check with
> Michail to see what stuff the mesh mode would need.  It's quite possible
> that wlanconfig hasn't been updated for a lot of the mesh functionality
> that's in the OLPC firmware.

Yes, that makes sense. We definitely need all the code that is required
to make mesh networking work. Having the code in wlanconfig would be
good in order to understand if there are problems with the implementation
though.

	Arnd <><