[LEDE-DEV] ar71xx: Non-Unique MAC addresses for GL-iNet GL-AR750

Dongming Han handongming at gl-inet.com
Fri May 11 04:33:03 PDT 2018

> Yes, I can for example not correctly run batman-adv over both wlan interfaces
> and one/both of the ethernet interfaces. At least not without making sure that
> I manually change one of the devices mac addresses.
>
> batman-adv will not be able to correctly distinguish the ethernet and WLAN
> link because they look like coming from the same interface (even when they are
> actually from complete different types of interfaces).

Thanks for your explanation and advice.

As for cost and established manufaturing procedure, we hesitate
to the comply of all interface different MAC rule.

Is it suitable for batman-adv to work on GL-AR750
by changing WLAN MAC to locally administered MAC?

Would you please kindly sugguest some standard or specification vioation of
current MAC allocation schema?