[LEDE-DEV] using sata-port-specific led triggers

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Wed Mar 8 13:59:10 PST 2017

Hi, I'm trying to use the functionality added by this patch [1] (it
should generate different led triggers for each Sata port) for a few
kirkwood device that have multiple Sata Leds.

This patch is currently used only by some oxnas NAS devices, that seem
to have not been fully ported to device tree.

After reading its description and the oxnas files I have added

CONFIG_ARCH_WANT_LIBATA_LEDS=y
CONFIG_ATA_LEDS=y

to the target/linux/kirkwood/config-4.4

but after I made a distclean, recompiled and booted the initramfs image,
I can't see any sata trigger
-------
root at LEDE:/# cat
/sys/devices/platform/gpio-leds/leds/nsa310:green:esata/trigger
[none] nand-disk timer default-on netdev usbport
-------

Does anyone have some ideas on why this does not work?

[1]
https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/generic/patches-4.9/834-ledtrig-libata.patch

-Alberto