[LEDE-DEV] phy distance error (ath5k atleast)

Denis Periša darkman.hr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 07:14:20 PST 2017

Hi all,

I seem to have all weird problems, sorry for that.

If I do `iw phy phy0 set distance 300` or anything less than 500 it
seems that it's ok, hostapd runs, I have dev in the air as access
point.. only.. association is denied.. it's just like rejected.. Lost
whole day until I dissected this.

Could there be some error on `iw` so it doesen't allow this in first
place? or is this ath5k specific? I cannot test atm with other cards
but I think I had ath9k with same issue and I think I even tried
rt61pci

I presume I'm in wrong place but, can someone test himself, maybe
direct me more?

Thank you!