[LEDE-DEV] LEDE - Telnet Client

Carlo carlo.ngn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 23:36:39 PST 2017

Hi,
I was using OpenWrt as remote "swiss army knife" with the embedded telnet
client. I'm usual to get access via SSH to the remote OpenWRT box and from
there use the telnet client for router/switch configuration, for mail/http
session simulation/troubleshooting  etc .
Now I'm starting using LEDE, but it seems that the telnet client has been
removed from busybox.

If I search the package list i see only this programs:

mac-telnet-client
mac-telnet-discover
mac-telnet-ping
mac-telnet-server
openocd
perl-net-telnet
ruby-net-telnet
ser2net

I don't want to recompile the sources to re-include telnet client, since I
prefer to keep the OS as standard as possible, to use it an all the
supported hardware.
I was wondering if the dev-team can consider to re-introduce the telnet
client in the OS or consider to make available a stand-alone pkg telnet
clien.

Regards
Carlo