[LEDE-DEV] Archer c7 corrupted firmware bootloop - tftp aborting - serial not working

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Jun 1 02:33:15 PDT 2017

>>>>> "QWeRKUS" == QWeRKUS qwErkus <qwerkus at gmail.com> writes:

QWeRKUS> Hello, Something went wrong with my last flash of an archer c7
QWeRKUS> v2, and now the device refuses to boot. I'm trying to unbrick
QWeRKUS> it without success since.

QWeRKUS> 2. I tried to get a serial access to the device, unfortunately
QWeRKUS> all I get is gibberish. Tried 115200 and 9600 baudrates, 8 bit,
QWeRKUS> no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control with either CP2102 or
QWeRKUS> PL2303 usb uart dongles.  Also, I can't boot the device with
QWeRKUS> the ground wire from either uart plugged in. Lights turns on,
QWeRKUS> and just freeze.

QWeRKUS> Wasted tons of hours on this, and would really be thankful for
QWeRKUS> any advice/pointers.

Sounds like you are connecting your serial wrong.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net