[LEDE-DEV] Archer c7 corrupted firmware bootloop - tftp aborting - serial not working

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Thu Jun 1 02:25:11 PDT 2017

On 01/06/17 09:27, QWeRKUS qwErkus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Something went wrong with my last flash of an archer c7 v2, and now
> the device refuses to boot. I'm trying to unbrick it without success
> since.
<snip>
> Wasted tons of hours on this, and would really be thankful for any
> advice/pointers.

Advice that I posted to IRC apparently 30 mins after you'd left:

I've found the Archer C7's ground pin on the serial header a right
bastard to solder in the past - TX & RX ok.  It gives the same symptoms
as incorrect baud rate.  Baud rate is 115200, 8, n

Once serial is good '16MB serial recovery' from
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer-c5-c7-wdr7500 should help.
which is basically 'tftp file into RAM, erase flash after bootloader,
copy RAM into flash (after bootloader)

Kevin