[LEDE-DEV] Talks between OpenWrt and LEDE

Daniel (bovi) Bovensiepen daniel at bovensiepen.net
Thu Jan 5 21:29:07 PST 2017

> As part of this those I'm thinking that having a more
> 'commercial-quality' flavour and a more 'community' flavour branches
> would be useful.

Could I make one remark concerning this: I fully understand from a review and quality point of view the current way of providing patches to LEDE or OpenWRT via E-Mail. In case that there would be ever a split between "commercial-grade" and "community-grade" version, is it possible to consider a contribution way via GitLab or Github for the community grade one? From experience in the Ruby community I can guarantee that the contribution level will increase dramatically. At the same time the quality of individual contributions will slightly go down but this is compensated by the quantity of new minds joining the contributor club.

Thanks for consideration.

/daniel