[LEDE-DEV] Working with network namespaces?

Jeff Ahrenholz j.ahrenholz at temperednetworks.com
Mon Feb 13 07:38:25 PST 2017

yanosz,

> Getting back to this:
> IMHO I'd be cool, to set option namespace 'ns4711' for interfaces and
> routes in /etc/config/network.

> Is there anything happening related to network namespaces in lede?

Not sure what else is happening with netns, but I use the following to turn on namespace support:

config CORE_KERNEL_OPTIONS
    bool "Enable kernel support for containers"
    default y
    select PACKAGE_lxc
    select LXC_KERNEL_OPTIONS
    select PACKAGE_veth
    select PACKAGE_kmod-veth
    help
      Select the LXC_KERNEL_OPTIONS config to enable namespaces support in
      the Linux kernel.

This goes into a custom feed config, turns on LXC options including network namespaces.
I’m using this in conjunction with CORE [1] utilities.

cheers,
-Jeff

1. https://www.nrl.navy.mil/itd/ncs/products/core