[LEDE-DEV] [RFC] brcm47xx: bump kernel to 4.4

p.wassi at gmx.at p.wassi at gmx.at
Tue Oct 25 02:05:22 PDT 2016

> Anyway I finally debugged this local vs. buildbot difference to the
> CONFIG_KERNEL_KALLSYMS. Images from buildbot have this symbol enabled
> which slightly increases kernel size. Enough to stop it from booting
> on WRT300N v1.

There must be something more...
What I had on WRT54GL:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-dev/2016-June/001162.html

Buildbot's images did _not_ boot (assuming they have KALLSYMS as you stated above).
However, my local images did boot fine (with KALLSYMS enabled).
So although I had KALLSYMS increasing the kernel size, a local image
booted, while buildbots image did not (both using the same config as jow already
showed me here: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-dev/2016-June/001153.html )

Anyway, I'm just compiling a new set of images and will report back.