[LEDE-DEV] [RFC] brcm47xx: bump kernel to 4.4

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 01:41:30 PDT 2016

On 25 October 2016 at 10:00, Jo-Philipp Wich <jo at mein.io> wrote:
> did you ever test local builds with all additional kmods (including all
> kmods from feeds) enabled as <m> ? I guess this will bump the kernel
> size somewhat due to additional subsystems which are getting enabled.

No, I never expected extra kmod packages to affect kernel size.

Anyway I finally debugged this local vs. buildbot difference to the
CONFIG_KERNEL_KALLSYMS. Images from buildbot have this symbol enabled
which slightly increases kernel size. Enough to stop it from booting
on WRT300N v1.

The reason it took me so much time to realize it's related to
CONFIG_KERNEL_KALLSYMS is bug in LEDE building system I just spotted:
[LEDE-DEV] make -j 4: race between Image/Prepare and device images?
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-dev/2016-October/003632.html

--
Rafał