[LEDE-DEV] Vagrant file for Lede development

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Sun Oct 9 14:57:51 PDT 2016

On 10/09/2016 07:05 PM, Simon H wrote:
> I'm looking to contribute in some small way once again.
> Not being a regular linux user, creating a build environment for
> Lede/OpenWRT has always been a time-consuming process for me.
>
> However, on other projects, I've begun to use Vagrant (specifically
> VVV for web development).
>
> Although completely new to vagrant, it's working well for me, and so i
> thought i'd give it a try for Lede.
>
> The result is on github:
>
> https://github.com/btsimonh/lede-vagrant
>
> If people think this is a good way to encourage developers to 'join
> the cause', then maybe we could host something similar in the Lede
> github, and add a 'start developing with Lede' page referencing it?
>
> looking forward to hearing comments/suggestions...
>
> best regards,
>
> Simon

Neat, I assume it also works for linux distros or macOS, right? (vagrant
by itself does, I wonder about your setup config for it)

Anyway, I think we could add it to the wiki,
https://wiki.lede-project.org/start (currently under construction) when
we port the full development page from Openwrt's wiki, so we can offer
something for Windows users too (and for users of other OSes that don't
want to pollute their system with development configs and dependencies).

-Alberto