[LEDE-DEV] How do you develop (compile) LEDE efficiently?

Bas Mevissen bas at basmevissen.nl
Mon Nov 7 06:51:59 PST 2016

On 06/11/16 21:24, Rafał Miłecki wrote:

> How do you develop LEDE? Do you work on some powerful machine, or do
> you compile it remotely somehow? If you do it remotely, do you mount
> remote filesystem? I need a very good access to the build_dir for my
> needs.

I' using a Centos 7 installed virtual private server with SSD storage.
I'm using a Mate desktop on it, which I access with X2Go over the
internet. Files with sshfs most of the time. Nightly backup of most
important files to my NAS at home. I'm using a hosted Git repository to
share my work with my customer.

This all works really well. Even the compile performance is very high.

Cheers,

--
Bas.