[LEDE-DEV] Linksys ea8500 switch configuration

Josh Bendavid joshbendavid at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 10:51:06 PDT 2016

Ok.  If the configuration I am suspecting for the stock firmware is
correct, then port 6 is unused and it shouldn't matter how it's
configured.

Actually it's possible that some of this is anyways dynamically
configurable through the switch registers.  (ie even if the stock
firmware has the eth1 connected directly to the WAN phy as I suspect,
it might still be possible/preferable to configure the switch so that
it is more like AP148 with gmacX (eth1) -> rgmii -> switch port 6

Actually I don't think gmac2 even supports rgmii, so if both ethernet
interfaces are connected to the switch chip/PHY's with rgmii then they
would have to be gmac0 and gmac1...