[LEDE-DEV] Linksys ea8500 switch configuration

Adrian Panella ianchi74 at outlook.com
Sat Jun 18 10:41:28 PDT 2016

> El 18/06/2016, a las 5:38 a.m., Josh Bendavid <joshbendavid at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> Hi Adrian,
> Thinking a bit more about the discussion we were having in
> https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/6 about the ethernet and
> switch configuration on the ea8500.

Thanks for your help on this!

> Given that the stock firmware apparently doesn't enable VLAN on the
> switch, I suspect that this router actually has a different
> configuration than AP148.
>
> AP148:  gmac1 (eth0) -> rgmii -> switch port 0
>              gmac2 (eth1) -> sgmii -> switch port 6
>              switch ports 1-4-> PHYs on LAN ports
>               switch port 5 -> PHY on WAN port
>
> Suspected configuration of ea8500:
>              gmac1 (eth0) -> rgmii -> switch port 0
>              gmac2 (eth1) -> rmgii -> PHY on WAN port (bypassing the
> switch but using the PHY normally connected to swich port 5)
>              switch ports 1-4-> PHYs on LAN ports
>              (switch port 5 is then unused)

From what I saw in the Linksys GPL source, port 6 is in SGMII mode, and should be like AP148.
But I will give your idea a try and will come back with the results.
It is an intriguing matter. And more so, as eth0, the only working, seems to be somehow related to pcie2. That pcie theoretically is not connected to anything. But if I disable it I completely loose wired networking....