[LEDE-DEV] lede integration issues remaining from the detrius of cerowrt

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Mon Jun 13 02:17:46 PDT 2016

Hi,

no need to overreact :)  I think parts of the topics are about the
general availability of choices and not necessarily making them the default.

Imho most parts of CeroWrt can be replicated by using the ImageBuilder
to repack images with various components swapped (e.g. lighttpd vs.
uhttpd) and kernel features such as Cake and Codel are integrated and
default nowadays and other stuff is available in the form of packages.

For the remaining things that require compile time changes we need to
take a deeper look and figure out if they can be implemented directly in
LEDE or if it is feasible to simply drop them.

~ Jo