[LEDE-DEV] ar71xx kernel size starts getting oversized

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Sat Jun 4 05:41:06 PDT 2016

Hi Yousong,

the main issue on ar71xx is the high number of mach-*.c files for all
the boards being included in *all* images. Once the target has been
migrated to device tree (which is a huge amount of work, lynxis has
done major progress there), this should easily free 500 kB of the
uncompressed kernel image.

Cheers

Daniel