[LEDE-DEV] TP-Link Archer C7 boot loop

Jochen Demmer jochen at winteltosh.de
Mon Aug 22 13:30:42 PDT 2016

Thank you everybody,

I've been trying for 2 hours straight to unbrick via serial, using a
prolific pl2303 adapter but without success.

I tried screen, picocom and minicom. I tried Apple's terminal emulator
and iTerm2. Got me a Mac and then Linux. Desperate as I am also
connected another C7.
I tried like a whole bunch of different settings but no matter what, I
get gibberish characters.

./picocom /dev/ttyUSB0 -b 115200 -y n -d 8 -p 1

These are the settings I think they should be set to, but it just won't
work.
Actually only RX and TX are connected, because when I connect GND the
serial connection freezes and let USB subsystem crash. Connecting VCC
doesn't seem like a good idea, too.
Any hints?

Jochen