Can't connec to PEAP anymore on current Ubuntu (2.10 built with openssl3)

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 6 02:54:03 PDT 2022

Hey Masashi,

Thanks for your reply. I think the 2 launchpad reports I listed are
different issues.

You are right that
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wpa/+bug/1958267 is an openssl
choice to disable unsecure configuration, the log in that case has

>  OpenSSL: openssl_handshake - SSL_connect error:0A000152:SSL
routines::unsafe legacy renegotiation disabled

but https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wpa/+bug/1962541 seems a
different problem though, the log in that case seems to be

wpa_supplicant[838]: SSL: SSL3 alert: write (local SSL3 detected an
error):fatal:internal error
wpa_supplicant[838]: EAP: Status notification: local TLS alert
(param=internal error)
wpa_supplicant[838]: SSL: (where=0x1002 ret=0xffffffff)
wpa_supplicant[838]: SSL: SSL_connect:error in error
wpa_supplicant[838]: OpenSSL: openssl_handshake - SSL_connect
error:0A0C0103:SSL routines::internal error

Which could also be an openssl issue but seems to not be the same as the
legacy renegotiation right?

Cheers,
Sebastien