Can't connec to PEAP anymore on current Ubuntu (2.10 built with openssl3)

Masashi Honma masashi.honma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:15:50 PDT 2022

Thanks for the detailed log.
But I could not find out the way to avoid this issue by fixing wpa_supplicant.

According to the comment
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wpa/+bug/1958267/comments/11,
adding this to /usr/lib/ssl/openssl.cnf fixes the issue.

[system_default_sect]
Options = UnsafeLegacyRenegotiation

Since this workaround exists, the OpenSSL developers have decided that
this bug wont be fixed.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssl/+bug/1963834/comments/8

So, as Sebastien says, issue reporters need to encourage network
administrators to use more secure settings.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wpa/+bug/1958267/comments/13

Regards,
Masashi Honma.