Multi-PSK on Hostapd

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 13:25:39 PDT 2021

Steve,

Understood on the full RADIUS 802.1X auth side, but this is for an MDU
setting where clients are in BYOD, and most of those devices don't
support 802.1X. So we don't know the client's MAC beforehand, and want
to give each unit a single passphrase to use for all of their devices
within that unit.

Is it easy to make custom Access-Request variables in Hostapd? This
seems to be how commercial vendors are doing this.  Ruckus for
example: https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.10-onlinehelp/page/GUID-E0AD67EA-91EB-473D-9F14-1C7A3ADC1F1B.html
and https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.10-onlinehelp/page/GUID-2392DF4B-DBE7-4DD5-868E-6222118BE6D4.html