wpa_supplicant fails to connect to mesh network

Bob Copeland me at bobcopeland.com
Mon Oct 10 09:32:43 PDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 11:02:36AM -0500, Nathan Price wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Bob Copeland <me at bobcopeland.com> wrote:
> > Are both ends running wpa_supplicant with user_mpm = 1 and same config
> > file?
>
> No, only one end is running wpa_supplicant.  The other was configured using
> iw.

Ah, ok, that probably explains it.  I think there is an outstanding issue
with the default rateset in wpa_s not matching that of the in-kernel
peering manager.

You can set user_mpm = 0 in wpa_s will use the kernel MPM in both cases,
and that should work.  If not, let us know.  In the meantime I'll take a
stab at fixing this issue.

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/