wpa_supplicant fails to connect to mesh network

Nathan Price ndpr43 at mst.edu
Mon Oct 10 09:07:19 PDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Bob Copeland <me at bobcopeland.com> wrote:
> Are both ends running wpa_supplicant with user_mpm = 1 and same config
> file?

No, only one end is running wpa_supplicant.  The other was configured
using iw.

> My guess is kernel is rejecting the probe response/beacon because the peer
> candidate doesn't match the local node config.  That's why we get a scan
> result without a corresponding peer candidate event.  Any chance you could
> send a pcap (offlist) that I can look at?

I've been over the configuration on both ends and can't find a
discrepancy, however; I easily could have missed something.  I could
capture a pcap of the event.

1. Does this mailing list allow attachments, or do I send it directly
to you? Also, is reply-to-all ok, or should I just be sending it to
the mailing list?
2. Do you want me to filter anything out before I send it?

~Nate