Capturing wpa_supplicant -dd output?

The Wanderer wanderer
Tue Apr 23 07:56:50 PDT 2013

On 04/23/2013 10:50 AM, Krishna Chaitanya wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 08:27:25AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>>
>>> When I launch wpa_supplicant with appropriate options and '-dd'
>>> for verbosity, it prints a fairly lengthy flood of information to
>>> the console. Among this is information which I think may be
>>> relevant to the problem I want to report.
>>>
>>> If I redirect the output of the exact same wpa_supplicant command
>>> line, either to a file ('>') or to a pipeline ('|'), no
>>> information appears to be printed; the file is left at zero size,
>>> and the next program in the pipeline doesn't appear to receive
>>> anything on standard input. This happens even when also
>>> redirecting stderr into stdout first.
>>
>> This works fine for me.. What is the full command line you use
>> here? Please note that this output gets buffered, so it may not be
>> immediately available.
>
> For me too, can you try "tee" instead it has no buffering.

If memory serves, I did, with the same result. I will verify this again
when I have opportunity, which will probably be during my work shift
this evening. I will note down the full command line being used at that
point as well.

--
    The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
   - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger