Fedora 18, how do I get nl80211 or cfg80211 driver ?
Thu Apr 18 16:15:34 PDT 2013
I think that I am missing something in trying to get the nl80211 driver.
1. I have looked at :-
- Is cfg80211 to replace nl80211 ?
- This thread suggests installing kmod_staging - which I did, but no change.
- I cannot see how this thread is any way related ..
Re: F16 and no wireless... "nl80211 not found" (help, thnx)
The driver should be in kmod-staging install the rpmfusion software
repositories first. Also see this thread, it has some recent issues
near the end.
3. I have iw, and this dumps a ton of stuff.
4. I have a basic Fedora hotspot running in ad-hoc mode, which is of little use to my Android
devices, so I know that the wifi device can operate as a hotspot. I can confirm its presence using
a wifi detector app. Android just does not allow me to connect to it.
5. $ modinfo iwlwifi | grep -A 3 -B 2 depend
vermagic: 3.8.7-201.fc18.x86_64 SMP mod_unload
parm: debug:debug output mask (uint)
$ uname -r
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Hostap