hostapd + atheros 9285 pcie

Igor Pinotti igorpinotti
Wed Mar 7 14:04:56 PST 2012

Hello!

I'm trying to do an access point with an embedded plataform, running linux
2.6.35 and a wifi module atheros 9285 bgn PCIe. I'm using the driver for
the atheros 9285 from the linux 2.6.35.

I'm using hostapd to do the soft AP with the atheros module. Everything
works, but the speed I get from my notebook or other device is always
65mbps...

I changed all the configs possible related to this in hostapd (ht_capab),
but it didn't work at all, I always get 65mbps... I'm trying to get 130 or
150 mpbs, the higher speed of this module...

I've got the latest hostapd from the git repository and I have the same
feedback like this:

-sh-4.0# hostapd
/etc/hostapd.conf

Configuration file:
/etc/hostapd.conf

20/40 MHz operation not permitted on channel pri=7 sec=3 based on
overlapping BSSes

I have tried all the channels, but no one is permitted to work on 40mhz...

Someone knows any workaround or a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance

My config in hostapd:
interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
ssid=SSIDTEST
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
channel=7
hw_mode=g
beacon_int=100
dtim_period=1
max_num_sta=255
rts_threshold=2347
fragm_threshold=2346
preamble=0
ieee80211n=1
ht_capab=[HT40+][SHORT-GI-40][TX-STBC][RX-STBC1][DSSS_CCK-40]
#wmm_enabled=1
macaddr_acl=0
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2