Can't use virtual interface for P2P connection

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jan 7 02:49:33 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 04:57:34PM -0800, Lin Ma wrote:
> Have you ever tried to enable "-p driver_param=use_p2p_group_interface=1"? I
> tested P2P with virtual interface enabled on a ath9k setup, the
> wpa_supplicant printed out the following error messages and failed to
> connect to the other peer.

Yes and it worked the last time I tested.

> Could not set interface p2p-wlan0-0 flags: Name not unique on network

Which wpa_supplicant version are you using? It looks like that version
did now show "nl80211: Assigned new P2P Interface Address" message in
the debug log, so maybe it does not include all the changes in
allocating a unique MAC address for the interface.