wpa_supplicant disconnects and fails to reconnect (wpa-enterprise)

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue May 11 01:03:07 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 09:52 +0200, Georges Toth wrote:
> On Saturday 01 May 2010 16:57:36 Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > If you want to run a test without session resumption, you can disable
> > this by adding fast_reauth=0 to wpa_supplicant configuration file. I
> > would expect this to avoid some of the problems shown in the log, but it
> > may not address all the odd behavior shown by the authentication server
> > or AP.
>
> I have tested this for over two hours now, with several re-authentications
> logged, and so far I haven't lost my connectivity in general nor to my current
> AP.
> So I guess disabling session resumption in wpa_supplicant does solve this
> issue.
>
> But this is not a real solution for network-manager (gnome) users as it does
> not allow to set that option and talks to wpa_supplicant via dbus ignoring the
> system configuration file :-(.

Mostly because this stuff simply shouldn't have to be configured; same
reason I didn't allow direct configuration of ap_scan.  Maybe we do have
to allow it to be configured, but I'd really, really hope that we can
somehow determine this automatically or at least fall back when stuff
doesn't work.  Adding Yet Another Checkbox is rarely the best answer.

Dan