wpa_supplicant disconnects and fails to reconnect (wpa-enterprise)

Georges Toth georges
Tue May 11 01:02:33 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 09:52:34 Georges Toth wrote:
> On Saturday 01 May 2010 16:57:36 Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > If you want to run a test without session resumption, you can disable
> > this by adding fast_reauth=0 to wpa_supplicant configuration file. I
> > would expect this to avoid some of the problems shown in the log, but it
> > may not address all the odd behavior shown by the authentication server
> > or AP.
>
> I have tested this for over two hours now, with several re-authentications
> logged, and so far I haven't lost my connectivity in general nor to my
> current AP.
> So I guess disabling session resumption in wpa_supplicant does solve this
> issue.
>
> But this is not a real solution for network-manager (gnome) users as it
> does not allow to set that option and talks to wpa_supplicant via dbus
> ignoring the system configuration file :-(.

I guess I wrote that mail a little bit too early ... Few minutes the problem
appeared again.

--
regards,

Georges Toth

--
HaxoGreen 2010 - the Hackers' Summercamp in Luxembourg
July 22nd till July 25th 2010, in Dudelange, Luxembourg