cannot connect to hostapd AP

Юрий Пайков crystal
Tue Mar 10 23:19:50 PDT 2009

Hi all

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10, have RaLink card and wanted to set up software wireless access point
I'll omit the gory details, just say I use rt2x00 project drivers for adapter and libnl20 for driver= in hostapd.conf (v 0.6.8)

After all, iwconfig says wlan0 is in MASTER mode and I made my laptop see the AP network

However, in Ubuntu on laptop with Network Manager i have smth like
> associating
> authenticating
> authenticated
> dissociating (code=3 _LOCAL_CHOICE_!)

when I'm trying to do it using iwconfig I get

> Error for wireless request "Set Encode(8b2a)":
> 	invalid argument "vwxyz"

setting WEP key

in Window$ it seems to connect successfully, but received frames counter won't move from 0

Any way, dhcp doesn't seem to allocate addresses and wireshark get only one packet for session

I would appreciate your help and provide any extra information needed

--
Sincerely yours, Crystal