libnl.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory upon start

Юрий Пайков crystal
Sat Mar 7 22:05:33 PST 2009

Hello

I would appreciate if you helped me with my little problem
I have libnl 2.0 installed in /usr/local and want to compile hostap 0.6.8

So I edited .config file in source folder as follows:

# Driver interface for drivers using the nl80211 kernel interface
CONFIG_DRIVER_NL80211=y
# driver_nl80211.c requires a rather new libnl (version 1.1) which may not be
# shipped with your distribution yet. If that is the case, you need to build
# newer libnl version and point the hostapd build to use it.
CONFIG_LIBNL20=y
LIBNL= /usr/local
CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include/
LIBS += -L/usr/local/lib

After that (and only after that, as I finally discovered), hostapd successfully compiles, but
launching it gives me

crystal at Crystal:~/OperaDownloads/hostapd-0.6.8/hostapd$ hostapd -v
hostapd: error while loading shared libraries: libnl.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And I don't know what 's the matter. Perhaps it would shed some light on it if I knew WHERE it's trying to load the library..

Hope you'll help, guys

--
Sincerely yours, Crystal