libnl.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory upon start

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers
Sun Mar 8 01:21:04 PST 2009

???? ?????? wrote:
> crystal at Crystal:~/OperaDownloads/hostapd-0.6.8/hostapd$ hostapd -v
> hostapd: error while loading shared libraries: libnl.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Two circumstances in which I have encountered error messages such as
this (not in relation to hostapd but generally):

- have you tried running ldconfig? (man ldconfig)

- do you have a security framework such as AppArmor on your system? If
so, and if you can, temporarily disable it in order to eliminate it as
the possible cause. Otherwise, make sure that hostapd (at the location
you are invoking it from) is permitted to open the libraries that ldd
(man ldd) says it needs.

Hope this helps, Jan