How to use Fast re-authentication EAP-TLS

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Mar 7 11:32:41 PST 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 10:22:27AM +0100, Fernando wrote:

> I'm trying to perform an EAP-TLS authentication and then use the EAP-TLS
> fast re-authentication to test it. The First part is finished but I
> don't know how to cause the fast re-authentication, I have enabled
> fast_reauth=1 in wpa_supplicant config file. Must some timer  be enabled
> in hostap?.

Fast reauthentication (e.g., EAP-TLS session resumption) is used
automatically when the client tries to authenticate again with the same
server assuming the server allows this to be used.

> My AAA server is Freeradius, if we want to perform the fast
> re-authentication, will we need enable anything in Freeradius?

You need to enable the TLS session cache in eap.conf.