Multiple BSSIDs with encryption method failed with BroadCom wireless driver

sun keyong sunkeyong
Mon Dec 28 16:49:07 PST 2009

2009/12/28 Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi>

> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 05:34:26PM +0800, sun keyong wrote:
>
> > I wrote the adaptor of BCM driver with Hostapd, and the hostapd can
> support
> > the bcm driver with one bssid.
>
> OK.
>
> > But I want to set up two BSSIDs with encryption method, the Hostapd can
> only
> > support first one with encryption, cliet cannot associate the other one.
>
> Are you sure the driver you use supports this?

*Yes  I am sure of this, this driver support this.*
**
*I try to run two hostapd processes with two different hostapd.conf file for
each created interface sperately, it can**support 2BSSIDS with encryption
method,  but the performance is very low, the client can associate the AP,
but when I use ping from client to AP, almost 50% packet loss. *
**
> I try to use Madwifi driver with Atheros chipset, I configure two BSSIDs,
> and startup the hostapd, the first BSSID with WPA encryption method, the
> second BSSID with WPA2 encryption, the client can associate the first
BSSID
> successfully, but the client cannot associate the second BSSID.
> I don't know why, dose hostapd support this or not?

hostapd supports multiple BSSIDs internally (bss=<ifname> option) with
> mac80211-based drivers. madwifi does not use this design; with it, one
> would create the interfaces first and then run hostapd for each created
> interface separately (i.e., not using bss=<ifname>, but multiple
> hostapd.conf files).
>
> --
>  Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA