ath9k + hostap

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Sep 30 04:03:50 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 07:23:54AM +0200, msladek at volny.cz wrote:

> I am trying to run hostap with AR5416 802.11abgn Wireless PCI Adapter
> but I always get this error message:
>
> Failed to create interface mon.wlan0.
> nl80211 driver initialization failed.

> 2. I have downloaded kernel to 2.6.27-rc7 from kernel.org.

Have you tried with wireless-testing git tree? That's the version I'm
using in my ath9k+hostapd tests and I don't see this issue there. You
could also test whether you can manually add a monitor interface with iw
(and if not, whether iw provides more detailed error message).

See following for more information on iw:
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/iw