ath9k + hostap
msladek at volny.cz
Mon Sep 29 22:23:54 PDT 2008
I am trying to run hostap with AR5416 802.11abgn Wireless PCI Adapter
but I always get this error message:
Failed to create interface mon.wlan0.
nl80211 driver initialization failed.
rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory
Detailed description of my installation procedure follows:
1. I have installed CentOS 5.2.
2. I have downloaded kernel to 2.6.27-rc7 from kernel.org.
3. I have patched the kernel with http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/patches/kernel/all/LATEST/004-allow-ap-vlan-modes.patch,
I have compiled it and installed it.
4. I have compiled compat-wireless-2008-09-27 snapshot from madwifi.org
and updated kernel modules. It's possible to compile it only if you
copy include/linux/if_ether.h from wireless-testing git repository to
compat-wireless-2008-09-27/include/linux (thanks to Luis R. Rodriguez
and Amit Sood for advice).
5. I have compiled libnl-1.1 It's possible to compile it only if you
copy include/linux/if_vlan.h from git repository to libnl-1.1/include/linux.
6. I have compiled hostapd both version 0.6.4 and git repository version
with the same result I have described above.
Can somebody help me please?
More information about the Hostap