unmatched ssid

hce webmail.hce
Tue Jan 15 19:24:39 PST 2008

Hi,

I am calling wpa_supplicant with /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf before dhcp.
It works fine if the ssid in wpa_supplicant.conf can be matched with
an AP. If the ssid cannot be found, or if I set ssid to "", or any
other name which does match the AP, the wifi card configuration would
be failed and there would no ip address be assigned by dhcp.

Is it a nourmal wpa supplicant behaviour, or bugs on my application? I
heard people can use unspecified ssid to get any AP connection, what
was I missing?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim